The argument rages on concerning the efficacy and wisdom of partaking in medical marijuana. Marijuana, also known as cannabis, comes from the hemp plant. Its leaves, stems, and seeds might be smoked, vaporized to inhalable type, and made into a tablet or liquid form.
Some might believe that this medicine has only existed for a couple decades, but that is not correct. It has been in existence for a lengthy time. Here's a historic timeline of medical marijuana.
It's said that a Chinese Emperor permitted medical marijuana for a cure for constipation, feminine physiological troubles, malaria, gout, and rheumatism.
- In the calendar year 2000 BC, it's reported that Egyptians started to use this medication for a cure for debilitating eye ailments.
- In India, in the year 1000 BC, cannabis was used to relieve discomfort during childbirth, as an embryo, to conquer hunger and thirst problems alongside other health issues.
- In the past few years between 70 and 200 BC, Rome and Greece were reported urges of this medication so as to alleviate pain associated with earaches, edema along with also the decrease in overall inflammation.
- During the year 1621 (AD), an English clergyman said that cannabis cured melancholy.
- At the mid-1700's, it had been used in Africa for a large number of health ills, such as migraines, tetanus, cholera, rheumatism, hay fever, skin ailments and asthma.
- Throughout the late 1700's, Napoleon's army used the medication for a stimulant in addition to a pain reliever.
- From the 1850 United States census, it had been reported that there have been many thousands of acres of cannabis growing. There were allegedly over 8,000 plantations dedicated to the item.
- though the reputation of being an intoxicant was dispersing, medical marijuana was recognized as helping with mental illnesses like manic depression, seizures and assorted psychological maladies.
- Throughout the 1900's and into the 2000's, bud has had its own ups and downs concerning its reputation. It had turned into an illegal, recreational medication that was extremely popular with all the rebellious youth of the 1960's and 1970's. It had been known as the"gateway drug", which means that smokers of this illegal substance might get pulled via the"gateway" and to more serious medication.
A lot of people within the medical community recognized the substance because of its wellbeing confirming properties. The controversy continues; thirteen of the fifty United States have let it be legalized as a medication; others are exploring the possibility.